Retail & Supply Chain
Lucille Ball once said “I’d rather regret the things I have done than the things I haven’t done.” Great advice to motivate you to be entrepreneurial and adventurous, but I’ve never regretted any of the businesses I’ve endeavoured to create.
You learn more from failures than successes and my failed retail experience as a businessperson produced a treasure trove of knowledge that bolsters my legal acumen. Areas of experience that have continued to be built upon include:
· Retail leasing,
· Franchise Agreements,
· Licensing and Private Label,
· Protecting the retailer from potential liabilities from customers and employees,
· Advertising and Promotion Legal Compliance,
· Compliance with Labor Law,
· Negotiating Insurance Policies,
· E-Retailing and the numerous requirements for interstate commerce and tax collection,
· Supply chain logistics and delivery considerations,
· Distributors, Wholesalers, Manufactures and other 3rd party stakeholders agreements,
· Store and return policies and dozens of other considerations.