Internet and Social Media
Nothing excites me more than working with innovative, Internet and social media entrepreneurs. You benefit because Internet, Social Media and App Development mark the convergence of my core competencies:
- Content, IP protection, and licensing,
- Technology expertise,
- Contract drafting and negotiation,
- Securing stakeholder relationships (investors, strategic partners, developers),
- Managing strategic alliances and
- A deep understanding of legal and regulatory compliance.
You benefit from my industry passion and my vision and experience in founding, growing and exiting a multimillion-dollar technology company.
As a side note, I created and manage a NYC-based Meetup group called Social Media Security for Business. The group was created to help companies protect and secure their brand and avoid legal issues from employee use of social media. With numerous legal risks including:
- Data loss of confidential information, trade secrets and customer data,
- Non-compliance within heavily-regulated industries (SEC, HIPAA, etc.),
- Employee issues like discrimination and sexual harassment,
- Libel, defamation and intellectual property infringement,
- Potential damage to brand and
- Legal consequences from customer losses resulting from to malware, phishing and other cyber-security concerns.
In this area, clients retain me to craft company use of social media policies for their employees. Together, the goal is to enable your company to benefit from the great enhancements social media provides to your sales, marketing, branding, product delivery and customer service efforts, while crafting, educating and providing an environment for employees to comply with policies that keep the company and its brand protected from legal risk.
Your company can have world class IT security software with monitoring and remediation, but the greatest risk you face is the end-user publishing damaging content, whether done maliciously or innocently. The strongest safe in the world is useless if the door is left open. You need to prevent unlawful content from being disseminated and not rely on monitoring and remediation after the fact.